5 November 2016

Day 4: The Daily Marker 30 day Colouring Challenge


This adorable fairy image was given to me to colour in by one of class mates at my introduction to Copic markers at Memory Craft, in Ellerslie. Deni bought the stamp from Pitcher stamps at SENZ & looking online I could find it its called Fairy Friends by Karen Middleton. Unfortunately Pitcher stamps had sold out of the stamp but I bought a few similar from her. I did find it in the UK if anyone would like to own it - click HERE.

I really enjoyed colouring her hair in purple, which kind of set the tone for the colours I used to colour the rest of the image in. I am a bad Copic colour & just colour away but I used my wee swatches of my favourite color combos to pick the colours so I can actually work out what I used (so semi-clever).

Hair: My fav purple colour combo is V12, V15, V17
Bow: My fav teal colour combo is BG10, BG11, BG13
Tunic: My fav yellow-green combo is YG21, YG25, YG17
Leggings: My fav strawberry pink combo is R81, R83, R85
Bird: My fav yellow combo is Y11, Y15, Y19
Wings: B000, B00, BG000 (which I believe is a combo for "sky")
Tree trunk: E55, E57, E59

The colouring was the easy part, making a card was harder with her but I'm glad Kathy has the 30 day challenge as I love the wee card I've managed to create with her.


I cut out a stitched frame with my stitched rectangle die from SSS. I've made an A5 card using Fog card stock also from SSS & added a wee strip of some Basic Gray Lily Kate which I've had for over a decade. Bakers twine is Lucky Limeade from SU! I've used SU!'s Tiny Tags & matching punch for the wee tag which I stamped using one of my favourite distress inks Twisted Citron. The fairy wings have clear Wink of Stella in real life on them & last but not least as the image looked too white I added a few sequins also bought by me at SENZ this year & if I remember rightly they were called Woodland Mix which is perfectly named. So in all honesty this card owes a lot to SENZ 2016.

Well I'm at 4/30 coloured images for the challenge. Day 5 I have planned & then I'm finished my night shift for 4 days so will have to be productive whilst off.

Until tomorrow - happy colouring all :)

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen