31 October 2015

Something Scary Art Journal page

This month's theme started off as Halloween but was changed to "Something Scary". To be honest both themes were making me go eek how do I do that?

Thinking about what I found scary I realised that they were my fears, most of them come from childhood & most of them were passed onto me from my mum & her fears.


I wanted my background to be dark & actually am very happy how the page turned out. I used a mixture of sprays, some were homemade using 3-4 drops of re-inkers & 70% iso-proponal in a small mist vial.

Recipe:
Stamps: Free style alphabet by Tia Bennett (Autumn Leaves).
Re-inkers: Early Espresso (SU!), Elegant Eggplant (SU!)
Sprays: Black Smooch Spritz (SU!), Cherry Blossom Walnut ink (Tsukineko), Bronze Glimmer mist (Tattered Angels)
Stencils: Mini Believe Script (TCW), Trees (ImagineIf)
Other: Hazelnut Adirondack acrylic paint dabber (Ranger), gold metallic marker pen, Versafine black ink, clear embossing powder

I love how the branch of the tree looks like lightning & must admit I loved how the hazelnut acrylic paint was so coppery & shimmery


1 comment:

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen