17 February 2013

Swallowtail & Summer Starfruit


I just love our new Swallowtail butterfly stamp - it's a biggie but it sure makes fabulous cards fast - just a quick post showing my swap with my team for the new seasonal catalogue.

I've used 2 of our new in-colours Summer Starfruit & Midnight Muse as I felt they gave a subdued card to match the sympathy sentiment I chose to use. I'll be posting some more vibrant pictures later on the week.


My original plan was to mat them up on the Midnight Muse & use the Summer Starfruit as the main card piece but I didn't have enough Summer Starfruit & looking at the 2 options now I think plan B was actually the better choice. I coloured in the image using sponge daubers & remember the saying "you can add, but you can't take away". So start off light & build up the colour.



Card Recipe:
Stamp sets: Swallowtail, Loving Thoughts
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Early Espresso
Paper: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Naturals White
Other: Sponge dauber


1 comment:

  1. Lovely Karen and even better IRL. Good to see you using Summer Starfruit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen