10 February 2013

How do you pick your colour combos??






Well this colour combo of Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette & Sahara Sand came from my Color Coach (#120148) and I think they look fab together


I find my Color Coach an invaluable tool for picking colour combos, never in a million years would I have picked this combo but yet it works awesomely. My own team's demo forum has had a wee bit of discussion on it lately & yes I will agree the colours on the card swatch are not an exact match to the cardstock colour (its close though) but that's not how I use mine. I normally have an idea of what colour I want to work with, then look at the suggestions & get out real card stock & see what I think of the combo "in real life" - if you don't own one of these invaluable tools they're only $31.95 RRP & I can't imagine being without my one & I get really upset when I can't find it.


In case you're wondering about the top mat that the images are stamped on that started off as Sahara Sand & I filled my Stampin' Spritzer with isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol, then added a few drops of  Bravo Burgundy re-inker & a few drops of Champagne Mist shimmer paint & spritzed away - wow a little goes a long way.



I'm hoping you can see the sparkle in this close up - I thought it looked real fab in real life.

Recipe:
Stamps: Elements of Style, Whimsical Word (retired)
Ink: Basic Brown, Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy reinker, Champagne Mist shimmer paint
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla (butterfly), Champagne glimmer paper, multipurpose adhesive sheet
Other: Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, Timeless Type Alphabet Junior Sizzlits (retired), gold organza ribbon (retired), Rich Regals & Earth Elements watercolor crayons, blender pen, Stampin' Spritzer, Stampin' distress tool, dimensionals, sponge daubers, basic pearls

 My card was inspired by this beautiful card of Amy Celona's & she says her one was inspired by none other than Shelli Gardner, so  I hope the lucky recipients liked there's. I had a lot of fun making them & I sure did have inky fingers at the end..

1 comment:

  1. Great work Karen, just beautiful! And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who keeps retired stuff in their stash to use later :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen