8 February 2013

Appreciating YOU!

I'm not sure how you all spent your Waitangi Day but I spent it with my customers on what I'm sure will be an annual event, a thank you from me to you for your support.

I don't think I'll ever come up with such a cool project again for every one to make as a thank you but this was a fab project & I'm looking forward to helping you fill up your techniques booklets going forward.

I made my own techniques booklet a few years ago with my upline Jacque & I love my wee booklet so when SU! reduced the price of the now retired 6x6" page protectors in the recent clearance blitz sale, I had a lightbulb moment & said let's re-KReate it. You can see my booklet HERE when it was new - its still looks great just a wee bit tattier now.

I could have made life easier for myself & bought some new DSP but that would have really skyrocketed the price of the project for me, which I was offering for free as a thank you. I must admit I was shocked how long it took me to make 20 kits but each one was individual as I had to match the DSP with card stock, ribbons & embellishments. After cutting the chipboard, DSP, mats, I also die cut all the letters in brown & white chipboard & just the letter S in DSP to make it easy for us to enjoy a BBQ meal as well on the day.

Anyhow there will be some real blasts from the past for those that have known SU! for the time it has been in NZ, hopefully some of the papers you'll see will bring back some fond memories. I managed to snap everyone's on the day - if you attend my classes & a friend took home a kit for you I hope you share how it turned out too.









Thanks Donna for being brave enough to model her booklet.

So our first Technique was "Chipboard"

Great for using on off-the-card projects & scrapbooking pages

·    Cover with Tombow Glue or Crystal Effects & then dip in glitter.
·    Cut out with the Big Shot chipboard & DSP at the same time. Glue the DSP on with a glue stick. Sand & sponge edges if you wish.
·    Stamp directly onto the chipboard.
·    Cover with Whisper White (craft ink) and heat emboss with a clear embossing powder.
·    Cover with Versamark ink & emboss with a coloured embossing powder.
·    Dauber directly onto the chipboard with a Classic ink. Stamp over top with another colour or Whisper White.
·    Mix Crystal Effects with drops of re-inker & paint directly onto the chipboard

1 comment:

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen