23 July 2012

Transforming scraps of DSP into a quilt


Paula at NZSU Sites blog challenged us to use up scraps of DSP on a card or a 3D object - per usual I'm a day late for the challenge but love my card!!!! So thanks Paula I've always wanted to make a top note quilt card.

I've used my DSP sampler (3" squares) from not this SU! year but the last one plus also used the soon to be retired in-colours from 2010-2012.



To make the quilt with your Top Note die punch out 12 squares from a co-ordinating paper with your 1-¼" square punch & I used my Anywhere glue stick so I could wiggle them when I was butting the squares together on another piece of card stock (5" x 4'') - make sure the middle points of the Top Note are pointing between the 2nd & 3rd square before you run through it through your Big Shot. The rest of the card is up to your imagination.

Stamp sets: Cottage Garden, Teeny Weeny Sentiments
Ink: Poppy Parade (I have stamped off once for the flowers), Pear Pizzazz
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Whisper White, Sunny Garden DSP (retired)
Punches: Word Window, Modern Label, 1-¼" square punch
Other: Top Note die, Little Leaves Sizzlit die, Beautiful Wings embosslit die, basic pearls, Pear Pizzazz stitched poly ribbon, dimensionals, mat pack, sponge dauber.

I must admit when I lay out the 12 squares (see my collage picture) I was thinking hmmm maybe I should choose something more vibrant but it sure was transformed by the Top Note into a quilt, with a bit of sponging & going over the "stitching" with my Pear Pizzazz marker; it transformed from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan.

Well if you're like me & you think I'll make one of those one day - DO IT - I love it & will make more, especially as  I have a whole DSP sampler to use up :)

Happy stampin'

1 comment:

  1. Love your card - great use of scraps. Sorry you missed the challenge but great you still played along :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen