26 May 2010

Pre-convention - day 2 in Sydney

YES another beautiful day with the sun shining as we were walking down to the local cafe some Aussie girls asked us "kiwis" were we there for the SU! convention - of course we excitedly said yes - so we swapped names & whereabouts we were based - they were from Western Australia - looking at the lovely shot I've taken of them I can see that one of them is very famous Ngaire Anderson who has been the no. 1 demonstrator in Australia until this year - so if she or "Skip" reads this tell her I'm sorry I didn't click - too much giggling makes your brain go funny! Ngaire is on the LHS. So here are the first new demos we meet (the first day we actually ran into the whole team from the US & the NZ manager Emma but I didn't have my camera as we were doing lunch):


Then the walk along the promenade at Darling Harbour to our favourite cafe Passella for brekkie.


Back again for more food pre-the managers reception at Toros - tapas & sangria

From L -> R: Donna Blackmore, Debbie Lamb, Rachael Knight, Diane Bell-Robertson, Sally Williams, Judy Beetson and me

At the Managers reception Shelli talked to us about leadership & she is certainly an inspiration to us all & then we got these huge mugs filled with real hot chocolate & plates of sweeties - shame I wasn't hungry after the tapas. Then we got to take home a wrapped mug & it's matching stamp Share a Cup - and I was just thinking I needed a soup mug too - they must have read my mind!



3 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 27, 2010

    Oh, I didn't see you there Karen or I would of said HI :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Karen, It was GREAT to meet you and I had such a great time,hopefully we'll get to catch up again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome photo's Karen ... it was great to finally meet you - should have had my photo taken with you too! Now thats not a soup mug lovely - its a coffee mug!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen