28 January 2010

Just Add Ink Colour Challenge 1


We have a new challenge blog Just Add Ink which is a group of Australian & New Zealand Stampin' Up! demonstrators who love to share what they love and inspire others to create! The cool thing about it being "local" is we'll always have the colours! I thought this week's colours were cool & inspirational but Pete is right I love green on my cards so it instantly became harder.








In the end I ended up making a small card 4x4" square & created a flower from So Saffron Patterns DSP - you just take various sized circles (can be hand drawn and then cut out but I just used my circle punches, distress the edges & then crumple up - quite a lot of fun).




Stamp sets: Polka Dot (background), Occasional Greetings
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Stazon White
Paper: Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, So Saffron Patterns DSP
Punches: 1-3/4" circle, 1-3/8" circle, 1-1/4" circle
Other: Chocolate Chip brad, acetate, dimensionals

OOPS: it's closed already today is Thursday - look what happens when you're on holiday you lose track of the days!

8 comments:

  1. Never mind Karen - you've still made a beautiful card! Just too late for the challenge! :-) DOH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card Karen. I know what you about holidays. I love the holiday but it will be good to get back into routines again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your flower on this card. Beautiful. Ribbon is attached with sticky strip, I do find the taffeta ribbon worked the best.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card Karen. It's really quite stunning. Don't the colours work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes the colours aren't what I would usually associate with you but it does look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better late than never I say!!! Your card looks fantastic:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Karen! I only found the Just Add Ink site today....it looks like fun.

    Best wishes,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this! The flower is so dang purty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen