16 August 2009

Great Friend goes for a Walk in the Park


Janet's corrosive challenge this week is a sketch challenge & they certainly make creating a card easier. One of my stampin' team Lisa B AKA daffyscrapper had swapped with me recently & I loved how she made her own paper using the stamps in Great Friend so she was my inspiration. Her paper sample can be seen HERE - she has been busy with it I see, making invites too! I took the concept & colours from the divine piece of Walk in the Park DSP. Sponged the edges with So Saffron ink plus cut out the butterfly & popped him up on dimensionals plus added a few half pearls - pretty. Dare I say it - I liked working with Cameo Coral too.

Stamp set: Great Friend
Ink: Cameo Coral, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, Confetti White, Walk in the Park DSP
Other: Scallop oval punch (so in love with this), large oval punch, half cream pearls (Pretties kit), mini glue dots, dimensionals, sponge

Here's Janet's sketch for inspiration:


Hope you can join us this week. I only have 2 more weeks to go on the Design Team but I've really enjoyed it & will be an active participant in the future and it's been really great seeing all the kiwis entering (& occasionally winning).

I'll have to have a wee prize my LAST week so until then you'll have to rely on the random integer! GOOD LUCK.

7 comments:

  1. that looks great together karen must buy that paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour combination. The card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Karen, this is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Thanks for visiting my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this is so pretty! Very summery, you must be heading for spring soon?
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card. Must give this challenge a go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Karen!!!! I love everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen