31 July 2009

Shelli's card from Convention


This was one of my favourite cards demoed at convention by none other that SU! co-founder & CEO Shelli Gardner.

I must admit I went to my first poppin' pastels class at my upline's a few months ago & just loved the technique - it certainly wowed me.

So thought I'd like to repeat the experience for my class attendees & thought immediately of this card - like Shelli I've dyed the white ribbon from Dress Up originals with coffee - very scrummy.

Stamp set: Friends 24-7, Friendly Words Wheel
Ink: Versamark, Basic Brown, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Pink Pirouette (textured), Kraft, Natural Ivories
Other: Pretties flower, rhinestone brad, Dress Up ribbon hand-dyed, blender pen, aquapainter, Stampin' Pastels, sponge daubers

Cutting dimensions
Pink Pirouette: I used 12x12" CS for the base & chopped of an inch to give 11x12"piece & then cut at 4" to give me 3 pieces of card per piece; final card 4 x 5.5"
Kraft: 3-½ x 5"
Natural Ivories: 3-½ x 4-¾"

5 comments:

  1. You have done a fabulous job with this card Karen! Lovely!!

    :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Karen!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely Karen. Love the pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is really pretty. Not sure what I know what poppin pastels are. I'll have to look it up. Sorry I haven't visited regularly. I'm desperately struggling to keep up these days. Have a terrific day!

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, think this one was my favourite from the Popping Pastels class. It's gorgeous, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen