28 August 2008

Ain't this the cutest baby card you've ever seen

I found this really cool tutorial by Lauren but there's a couple of things you need to know!
  • The size of the card stock in the first step should read 11 x 4-1/4" or in my/our case down under 11 x 4-1/8" as our cardstock is slighter narrower than the USA's.
  • If your circle punch won't cut two layers for the neck don't force it or you'll spend the next 2 hours unjamming & filing it (in my case about 1230am!). Must admit it's nice & sharp now & it can cut 2 layers. I did use another cutting system in the end but for the next versions in pink & blue I create hopefully the circle punch will keep on working as that will definitely speed it all up.
  • When using your craft knife if right handed like me, turn the card over when cutting the left hand side (if you look closely at my LHS it's not quite straight - it was an awkward angle to cut).
Otherwise have fun - lots of oohs & ahh's at work today. Yes no. 2 mum to be leaves tomorrow. Good luck Bhamini.

Stamp set/s: In The Wild, Short & Sweet
Card stock: Barely Banana, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink: So Saffron
Other: White brads (non-SU), Scallop circle punch, 1-3/8" circle punch or other cutting system, craft knife/scalpel, white Signo gel pen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    This card is adorable. I love it with the Wild About You giraffe. Might have to make one like this too!

    All the best,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen