6 January 2008

Donna's Chocolate brownie


Do not read on if you've made any New Year's resolutions to lose weight - I think this recipe would have you barred from joining Weight Watcher's forever.

As some of you may know I volunteer for a few shifts at the ASB Classic tennis tournament in Auckland, one famous player's coach cajoled my mate Donna into making brownie for us all (& himself - I hear the rumour was he ate 5 pieces - I only ate 3). It was magnificent the best ever!

So I attempted to emulate her efforts, hampered by my lack in finding Cadbury chocolate balls & I settled for milk chocolate buds - it tasted yummy but should have got dark chocolate buds as the lighter colour ones showed. I have reduced the amount of sugar from the original recipe by 1/2 a cup but feel I could still reduce it to 1 cup total (Donna had 2 cups in her recipe!) I'm trying to cut some calories out here.

Microwave 200g butter & 1 cup of cocoa - until the butter has melted.
Add 1 1/2 cup sugar, 4 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, 3/4 cup flour, 1 heaped tsp baking powder.
Mix well & add 250g bag of Cadbury chocolate balls, mix again.
Pour into a lined greased roll tin.
Bake 150oC for 30-40 minutes.
Slice into small squares when cool, dust with icing sugar before serving if desired (& go on serve it with whipped cream - what's a few other calories between friends).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen